I need to rethink my desk area at work, since I had my teacher desk removed and replaced with a computer table. That saves floor space, but loses desk drawers for necessities. I had made one of these covered containers (Simplicity 4232) a while ago for a gift and decided that would solve my problem of little supplies that I constantly use. I wanted the pockets in vinyl, so I could easily see things. Not knowing how my skills would be on the vinyl, I opted to make a practice one first. I did it! I am pleased with the results and now cannot decide on what fabric to use for the one for work.
Of course, I really should be doing some things other than playing with fabric today.