Today was one of those days when inspiration smacked me in the face. I've been wanting to make these fabric eggs for a while, but was unsure of what I wanted to do with them. Then I remembered that I had a chicken wire basket, and the light bulb turned on. Fabric eggs need fabric Easter grass!
I went to my stash and picked fabrics scraps. I heavily starched scraps of fabric and cut them into 1/4 inch strips. Voila! Easter grass.
Then there was more looking at my scraps to come up with fabrics for the eggs to grace the grass. I cut some fabric and made one to see how it would look. I plopped this one into the fabric grass for a picture, but I still need to hand sew the opening. So far I am really liking the result!
My goal is to soon add a picture with more eggs in the basket, but with the way my day job is going, that may or may not happen.