This was a man's tee. You know the kind. The ones that are made for men and look like a sack on girls. I cut off the sleeves, some length from the bottom, then cut the tee up both sides. From a fitted tee that fits me well, I made a sleeve template, so that the sleeve is more like a set in sleeve. Side seams were determined from my own particular curves and I figured out where I wanted the sleeves to set on my shoulders. I sewed the sleeves on, then the side seams, and hemmed.
From the tube of fabric that was cut off of the bottom, I folded it in half and gathered. I cut the neckline to where I wanted it to be. The gathered ruffle was sewn onto the neckline. I made my own narrow bias tape and used that for the embellishment on the neckline. Voila! Man's shirt turned girl's shirt.