Last week was Spirit Week at my school. I took advantage of Crazy Hat Day so that I could "dress down" on Thursday. This is the flower that I made that morning, so you know it did not take very long at all!
Main Fabric: 3" x 24"
Contrasting Fabric: scrap size to cover button
Iron-on Interfacing: scrap size to cover button
Button to cover
Sewing Machine: You could do this by hand, but I have a sewing machine & know how to use it.
Buckeye Necklace: Doesn't everyone have one?! OK, you don't actually need this.
1. Grumble because you have to wind a new bobbin.
2. Wonder why you're grumbling, since you have a great machine that makes step #1 easy.
3. With right sides together, sew the short sides of the main fabric. I used 1/4" seam allowance. Size
doesn't matter on this.
7. Sew a second row of basting stitches all the way around.
10. Pick up bobbin threads from basting that goes over the seam. Gather as much as you can.
11. Pull both sides of bobbin threads tight, and tie into a knot to secure.
21. Get dressed for the big game.